Avocado toast has taken the breakfast scene by storm, and for good reason. Not only is it delicious, but it's also incredibly versatile and easy to make. If you're tired of the same old avocado toast and want to try something new, we've got you covered. Here are 11 creative avocado toast recipes that will make your taste buds dance:
- The Classic: Start with a slice of toasted bread, mashed avocado, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Add a fried egg on top for extra protein.
- The Italian: Top your toast with mashed avocado, a little arugula tossed with lemon juice, lemon zest and olive oil, and some sliced cherry tomatoes for a pop of color and burst of sweetness.
- The Mediterranean: Top your avocado toast with sliced tomato, crumbled feta cheese, and a drizzle of olive oil. For mine (pictured) I toasted a large Persian bread called “Sangak” with mozzarella, feta, tomato, and olive oil, then topped it with fresh avocado.
- The Caprese: Layer sliced mozzarella cheese, tomato, and fresh basil on top of your avocado toast for a tasty twist on the classic Caprese salad.
- The Mexican: Add a layer of black beans, diced tomatoes, and a sprinkle of chili powder to your avocado toast for a south-of-the-border twist.
- The Sweet and Savory: Top your avocado toast with sliced strawberries, goat cheese, and a drizzle of honey for a delicious and unique flavor combination.
- The Everything Bagel: Mix together mashed avocado with everything bagel seasoning and top with smoked salmon and sliced cucumber.
- The BLT: Top your avocado toast with bacon, lettuce, and sliced tomato for a breakfast version of the classic sandwich.
- The Vegan: Replace the egg with sliced avocado and top with sautéed mushrooms and spinach for a hearty vegan option.
- The California: Add a layer of sliced cucumber and smoked salmon on top of your avocado toast for a refreshing and healthy breakfast.
- The Protein Purist: Add a layer of fat free greek yogurt or cottage cheese on top of your toast, then slice the avocados on top. The dairy here packs a great protein punch! On mine (pictured) I added some Everything Bagel seasoning for more robust flavor. Watch out for the added salt in that seasoning!
Whether you're looking for a classic avocado toast or something a little more creative, these recipes are sure to impress. So grab some bread, mash some avocado, and get creative with your toppings. Your taste buds will thank you!
Watch your avocados, though. They will be unripe for what feels like forever, and just when you least expect it…they’re overripe.